Our free snare drum VST plugin features ultra-realistic sound through physical modeling. Use MIDI notes to trigger the in-built exciter and change tip hardness and rimshot parameters. For added realism the MIDI triggered values can be adjusted with a bell shaped probability curve. The exciter feeds into a waveguide resonator algorithm which lets you change drumhead tuning, snares tension and hit position.
64-bit plug-in. Requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
- Minimum: Intel® Core™ i3, i5, i7 or AMD. Processor must support AVX instructions.
- Mac OS 10.12 and greater (M1 processors are compatible)
- Windows 10 (other versions untested)
- Linux (64 bit Intel/AMD processors, tested in Ubuntu 21.04)
Digital Audio Workstations
Any VST3 compatible plugin host should work. We have tested:
- Ableton Live 10.1 and greater
- Bitwig 3.3 and greater (earlier versions untested)
- Reaper 6.28 and greater (earlier versions untested)
- Ardour 6.5 and greater
- Other DAWs or plugin hosts like Cubase which support VST3 plugins should work but are not tested. Reports are welcome.
Discuss and ask questions on our forum in the EXC!ITE SNARE DRUM category!